Visa for Kenya application
The Kenya visa
Planning to travel to Kenya? Then you will need a visa. The Kenya visa can be easily applied for with the online application form. The cost is £74.95 per person and the document is sent to you by e-mail after approval.
It is currently not possible to travel to Kenya indefinitely. This is due to a number of measures taken by the Kenyan government to stop the spread of the coronavirus. However, you can still apply for a visa for a trip later this year. Read more about this and about the coronavirus in Kenya.
How can I apply for this visa?
1. Apply for visa
Apply for the Kenya visa by filling in the required information online.
2. Pay online
Pay safely and quickly with Visa, MasterCard, American Express or PayPal.
3. Print it and take it with you
Receive the visa within a week, print it and take it with you to Kenya.
Explanation Kenya visa
Travellers that want to travel to Kenya in 2020 or 2021 require a visa to do so. A Kenya visa application can be submitted online through this website. It won’t be necessary to visit the Kenya embassy.
What is a Kenya visa? The Kenya visa is an electronic travel permit (also known as e-visa) which is granted by the government of Kenya. This travel permit is mandatory; travellers without a valid visa will not be allowed into the country. This travel authorisation can be acquired in a business and tourist variant. With the Kenya visa, you are permitted to stay in the country for up to 90 days.
Terms and requirements
There are a number of requirements that travellers need to meet to apply for the Kenya visa. These can be divided into requirements that are of importance during the application, and requirements that apply during the trip to Kenya.
Requirements to qualify for the visa:
- All travellers (children included) need to possess their own passport; it needs to be valid for at least 6 more months from the moment of arrival, and to contain at least one empty page
- It is only permitted to arrive in Kenya at one of the 10 selected airports, 10 selected seaports or 11 selected border crossings which can be found on the page with the Kenya visa requirements
- Before applying for the visa, the dates of arrival and departure must be known, and at least one overnight stay in Kenya must already have been booked
- One of the documents below needs to be provided online:
- A booking confirmation of the return flight (travel schedule/itinerary), or
- A booking confirmation of an overnight stay, or
- A letter of invitation from a Kenyan organisation or inhabitant
Requirements that travellers need to observe during their stay in Kenya:
- Travellers need to print the visa, as well as the bookings of the return or transit flight and the first overnight stay, and keep it with the passport throughout the entire trip
- Travellers can enter Kenya a single time with the visa, for a maximum length of stay of 90 days
- Travellers cannot enter into service with a Kenyan employer without additional authorisation
- Travellers cannot pose a threat to the safety and law enforcement of Kenya
Each traveller has to apply for his or her own visa, except for children up to and including 15 years of age who are travelling to Kenya with their parents. It is also not necessary to apply if a transfer or transit is made in Kenya, during which the airport is not left.
Kenya visa application
The visa for Kenya can be applied for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online through this website. This can be done up to 7 days before departure. To avoid potential risks it is advised to submit the application more than two weeks before departure.
How does applying for the Kenya visa work? The procedure consists of three simple steps. First, you fill in the Kenya visa application form. Next, you make the payment, which can be done with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal. The costs of the Kenya visa are £74.95 per person. Finally, you will be asked to upload a passport photo, a scan of the passport and a booking confirmation. After the application has been submitted, it is checked for any omissions and common mistakes (for instance, a wrongly filled in passport number). If any input errors or omissions are suspected, you will be contacted right away so you can correct the application. After approval, the Kenya visa will be sent to you by e-mail.
Submit a Kenya visa application right away. You can start your application for the Kenya visa right away. Do you have any questions? Read the page with frequently asked questions. If you cannot find the answer to your question there, you can always contact our customer service, by phone or by e-mail.
Summary Kenya visa
Experiences with the visa for Kenya119 people rate the visa with a 9,6/10
All of my questions were answered extremely quickly. Very pleasant experience.
Very easy application process!
Applied for it yesterday, received it the next day. Fastest service I ever had.
e-Visa.co.uk is a professional visa bureau and supports travellers in acquiring a visa for Kenya. However, e-Visa.co.uk is in no way part of the Kenyan government. It is also possible to apply for a visa at the Kenyan immigration office ($51 per person via ecitizen.go.ke). In that case, you will be unable to use our support centre, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to resolve urgent issues and answer your questions. We also manually check applications and all provided documents for common mistakes before submitting them. We do this within 72 hours at the latest, but usually within an hour after receiving your payment. If we suspect errors or any incompleteness, we will contact you personally immediately to ensure that your application can still be processed quickly and correctly. Our services have already saved many travellers from major problems during their travels. Should an application be rejected despite our support and verification, we will refund the entire purchase cost (unless an application for an visa Kenya has been rejected for the same traveller before). Read more about our services.