If you want to make use of the online Vietnam visa, you need to make sure that you meet the Vietnam visa requirements. These requirements can be found on this page. Do you meet them? Then you can submit an application on this website. Don’t meet the requirements? Then you need to make an appointment with the Vietnamese embassy.
1. Vietnam visa requirements for your travel purpose
You are allowed to make both business as well as tourist trips with the Vietnam visa which you can apply for on this website. Going on a holiday? Or are you going to visit family or friends, or are you attending a business meeting, training or similar gathering? This is all permitted.
2. Vietnam visa requirements for your passport
To make it past the passport check in Vietnam, you need a passport that is valid for at least 30 days after your visa expires. To check this, the expiry date of the Vietnam e-visa is looked at, not the actual moment you leave the country.
Pagoda in the nature, Vietnam
3. Vietnam visa requirements for the moment of application
At the moment you apply for the Vietnam visa:
- You cannot be in Vietnam
- You must have booked at least one place to stay
- You do not need to have booked transportation yet (for example, flight tickets)
- You do need to know at which locations you are entering and exiting Vietnam
- You cannot have been deported from Vietnam in the past 3 years
4. Vietnam visa requirements for the moment of arrival
At the moment you wish to arrive in Vietnam with your visa:
- You need to be able to hand over your passport and a printed version of the visa
- You cannot have a serious contagious disease
- You cannot have psychological problems which can pose a threat to your environment
5. Permitted nationalities
The online application procedure is available to British citizens, but also to travellers with various other nationalities. Don't have a British citizen passport? Then you can check here whether you qualify for the e-visa.
6. Permitted arrival locations AND departure locations
You are only allowed to enter and exit Vietnam in one of the locations listed below. You need to provide these locations during the application for the Vietnam visa. Your arrival and departure locations do not need to be the same location.
|Cam Ranh (Khanh Hoa)||Can Tho||Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)|
|Da Nang International Airport||Noi Bai International Airport (Ha Noi)||Phu Bai International Airport|
|Phu Quoc International Airport||Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)|
|Name border location|
|Bo Y||Cau Treo||Cha Lo|
|Ha Tien||Huu Nghi||La Lay|
|Lao Bao||Lao Cai||Moc Bai|
|Mong Cai||Na Meo||Nam Can|
|Song Tien||Tay Trang||Tinh Bien|
|Chan May Seaport||Da Nang Seaport||Duong Dong Seaport|
|Hai Phong Seaport||Ho Chi Minh City Seaport||Hon Gai Seaport|
|Nha Trang Seaport||Quy Nhon Seaport||Vung Tau Seaport|